If you find yourself dealing with fatigue, stress and moodiness with feelings that do not go away, the symptoms could be caused by blocked chakras. This is a sign you are in need of a chakra cleansing. Below, we will discuss how to cleanse chakra blockages with the use of different crystals.
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that literally means spinning wheel. The chakras are like wheels of free-flowing positive energy where energy can enter and leave. When these chakras are balanced, they are bright, spin freely, and remain fully open. If blocked or out of balance, they can spin more slowly and appear shrunken or dirty. This can affect your feelings and leave you with implications mentally, physically, and spiritually. This is why it is so important to keep them in balance and remove blockages. A chakra cleansing will help you achieve harmony with full emotional, spiritual, and physical health.
Blocked chakras can lead to a disruption in your energy field that leads to illness and disease. Some factors that can effect this are:
- Undealt with past experiences
- Stress and fear
- Pent up emotions
- Obsessive thoughts
Many of the issues experienced in our adult lives likely occur due to chakras that have shut down. This is for the following reasons:
- Most shut down the top three chakras, the crown, third eye, and throat, due to society and parents’ disbelief in the spiritual aspects of life.
- In the teen years, the heart chakra often shuts down due to rejection and pain felt from relationships, parents, and schoolmates. The solar plexus may also shut down if people are forced into molds that are not the right fit.
- Once in adulthood, most have shut down all chakras other than the root and sacral chakra. Even these may become blocked due to depression, impatience, lacking focus, insecurity, or even jealousy.
Thankfully, balance can be restored and chakras reopened with the use of crystals.
Selecting Crystals for Blocked Chakras
Crystals have high vibrational frequencies and being around them can have profound effects on your wellbeing and health. Each crystal has specific energetic properties that can be useful for cleansing. Below are the signs and symptoms that indicate a specific chakra is blocked and the crystals or stones that can be used for cleansing.
This chakra is found at the base of the spine and keeps the physical body grounded keeping you stable and feeling secure. Symptoms of a blocked root chakra include:
- Feeling sluggish or tired
- Overwhelming stress
- Financial fears
- Money issues
- Poor work focus
- Lack of self-esteem
- Lower back pain
To cleanse this chakra, try shungite because it is highly protective and can keep you grounded. It further protects from radiation. Black tourmaline can also transform negative energy into positive for this chakra.
This chakra is just below the belly button in the physical center of the body. It deals with creativity, sexuality, and passion. Symptoms of a blocked Sacral chakra include:
- Inability to form meaningful relationships
- Inability to feel joy
- Sexual dysfunction
- Trouble with creativity
To cleanse this chakra, try amber with a warm glow to inspire creativity, positivity, and even lovemaking excitement. Carnelian can also be helpful for negative or unwanted thoughts.
This chakra is found about two inches above the belly button and is focused on self-confidence, moving forward, and standing on your own. Symptoms of a blocked solar plexus chakra include:
- Feeling powerless over your own life
- Low self-worth
- Stomach aches
To cleanse this chakra, try tiger’s eye to feel self-confidence and power when standing on your own. Citrine can further help restore and charge your energies for the chakra and overall.
This chakra is located in the center of the chest, just like the heart. It deals with kindness, love, forgiveness, and compassion. Symptoms of a blocked heart chakra include:
- Hurt over a relationship
- Difficulty in letting go of things like grudges
- Intense sadness
- Chest pain and heart disease
To cleanse this chakra, try rose quartz to promote appreciation, calmness, and compassion. Amazonite further helps with knowledge, guidance, and stronger communication skills.
This chakra is located in the center of the neck and deals with speaking the truth, self-expression, and knowledge of life purpose. Symptoms of a blocked throat chakra include:
- Nasal congestion and sore throat
- Loss of voice
- Habitual lying
- Extreme shyness
To cleanse this chakra, try aquamarine to help you feel courageous and speak honestly with clarity. Turquoise also adds strength and protection to promote communication, leadership, and mental relaxation.
Third Eye Chakra
This chakra is located on the forehead, between the eyes as the center of wisdom, rationality, and intuition. Symptoms of the third eye being blocked include:
- Sinus headaches
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty in decision making
To cleanse the third eye, try amethyst to calm the mind and gain emotional clarity. Add sodalite to intensify thought clarity, focus, and concentration.
This chakra is located on top of the head. Being the highest it represents a connection to the spiritual world and all enlightenment. Symptoms of a blocked crown chakra include:
- Mental exhaustion
- Feeling low
- Light sensitivity
To cleanse the crown chakra, try clear quartz for any spiritual purpose. It can be used to overcome almost anything and unblock communication with spirit guides. Herkimer diamond can also help you access divine energies and aid in lucid dreaming.
Using Crystals for Cleaning
There are four main strategies for chakra cleansing using crystals. These are shared below.
- Place the stones where the chakra is located on the body. Lie down and place the crystal in the right spot starting with the root chakra and working your way up to encourage energy flow.
- Place the crystals under your pillow or next to you as you sleep. You will start to feel the energy impact you by being in their presence.
- Hold the chosen crystal in your hand or on your body while meditating. Visualize the color of the stone cleansing and opening the chakra. Again, start with the root chakra and work your way up.
- Try wearing all the crystals or placing them in your pocket. If possible, wear them over the chakra so you can be balanced and aligned.
Once an imbalanced or blockage is recognized, turn to the healing crystals to bring your mind and body back into balance.